PERSONAL ACCIDENT COVERAGE LIMITATIONS AND EXCLUSIONS
The following Limitations and Exclusions pertain to Primary Accident Medical Expense, In-Hospital Benefit, and Accidental Death Benefits only. Insurance does not apply to any Accident, Accidental Bodily Injury or loss when the United States of America has imposed any trades sanctions prohibiting the insurance, or there is any other legal prohibition against providing the insurance. In addition no benefits will be paid for any Accident, Accidental Bodily Injury or loss caused by or resulting from any of the following:
- An Insured Person being in, entering, or exiting any aircraft:
- owned, leased or operated by the Policyholder or on the Policyholder's behalf; or
- operated by an employee of the Policyholder on the Policyholder's behalf.
- An Insured Person being in, entering, or exiting any aircraft while acting or training as a pilot or crew member. This exclusion does not apply to passengers who temporarily perform pilot or crew functions in a life threatening emergency.
- An Insured Person’s emotional trauma, mental or physical illness, disease, pregnancy, childbirth or miscarriage, bacterial or viral infection, bodily malfunctions or medical or surgical treatment thereof. This exclusion does not apply to an Insured Person's bacterial infection caused by an Accident or by Accidental consumption of a substance contaminated by bacteria.
- An Insured Person’s commission or attempted commission of any illegal act including but not limited to any felony.
- Any occurrence while an Insured Person is incarcerated after having been convicted in a court of law.
- An Insured Person being intoxicated, while operating a motorized vehicle at the time of an Accident. Intoxication is defined by the laws of the jurisdiction where such Accident occurs.
- An Insured Person being under the influence of any narcotic at the time of an Accident. This exclusion does not apply if any narcotic or controlled substance is taken and used as prescribed by a Physician.
- An Insured Person being engaged in or participating in a motorized vehicular race or speed contest.
- An Insured Person participating in military action while in active military service with the armed forces of any country or established international authority. However, this exclusion does not apply to the first sixty (60) consecutive days of active military service with the armed forces of any country or established international authority.
- An Insured Person traveling or flying on any aircraft engaged in Specialized Aviation Activities.
- An Insured Person’s suicide, attempted suicide or intentionally self-inflicted injury.
- A declared or undeclared War.
In addition, the following limitations apply to the Primary Accident Medical Expense benefit. The Benefit Amount for Primary Accident Medical Expense does not apply to charges and services:
- For which an Insured Person has no obligation to pay;
- For eyeglasses, contact lenses and other vision or hearing aids and artificial limbs;
- For any injury where worker's compensation benefits or occupational injury benefits are payable;
- For treatment by a person employed or retained by the Policyholder;
- For any injury occurring while fighting, except in self-defense;
- For treatment that is educational, experimental or investigational in nature or that does not
constitute accepted medical practice; or
- For treatment involving conditions caused by repetitive motion injuries, or cumulative trauma and
not as the result of an Accidental Bodily Injury.
This is not a contract for insurance, but an informative statement of the principal provisions of the insurance in effect. If a conflict exists between a statement herein and any provision in the policy, a copy of which you can receive upon request, the policy will govern. Insurance is underwritten by Federal Insurance Company, a member insurer of the Chubb Group of Insurance Companies. Actual coverage is subject to the language of the policy as issued (Policy #9907-25-80). Exclusions apply.
Chubb, Box 1615, Warren, NJ 07061-1615.